USB Mass Storage Device Driver

Old February 12th 08, 08:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Glyn

Default usb mass storage device driver

I should let you know that after spending (in more ways than one) 4
unsuccessful hours on the phone to Mesh technical support, I tried this
'teknobabble' solution and it worked!! For the first flash drive, (a 4gb
Cruzer Titanium) I went through the complete procedure as on the web site.
After that, for the second flash drive and for my Panasonic FX55 camera I
simply had to go into Device Manager, right click and open the (now named)
device, tell it to go to C/Windows/inf, and away it went, successfully
installed.
I had also removed my pretty useless Netgear SC101 software, as recommended
elsewhere in these posts, but it did not seem to have any effect. However,
having done both these things, my computer now will go to sleep again, which
for months it has been refusing to do. I have Vista Home Premium by the way.

Many thanks, Cole
--
Glyn

"Cole Sampson" wrote:

i had such a hard time with this problem, and i searched all over the internet for a solution, and finally, after many hours, found one...

you plug in your usb mass storage device, and you try to install the driver, and it gives you this:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it.

USB Mass Storage Device

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and
check the support section for driver software."

the problem is a missing inf file, and this site explains very simply how to resolve the issue...worked amazingly for me

http://teknobabble.wordpress.com/200...er-a-solution/

hope it helps you too

http://www.eggheadcafe.com