Old January 24th 08, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BeckyWC

Default Monitor Calibration Issues

I am also having this problem. I have calibrated my monitor, and even
though it is set as default vista will not use it, Vista loads it and then
changes it once its loaded. Does anyone know of a solution?
Thanks

"thunnus" wrote:

I am trying to calibrate my home laptop LCD monitor using an X-Rite Eye One
Display 2 unit for digital photography purposes. After calibration, the
X-Rite unit creates a custom monitor profile and sets it as default. But the
laptop reverts to the original monitor settings once the computer is
rebooted. I can't get the corrected monitor profile to display even though
the display settings show that profile as the default. I've tried "adding"
the profile in advanced display settings and re-setting as the default but
that has no effect. Only a new calibration will change the monitor to the
desired settings and that only lasts until the next power down. During the
boot process, I can see the monitor colors change three times
(originalcalibratedback to original).

My laptop is an HP Pavillion DV2000 using Vista Home Premium and with Intel
GMA X3100 display adapter. BTW, my XP desktop was calibrated successfully
without problems.