Old January 25th 08, 01:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
uhaulkid

Default Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

noggin1228;2710295 Wrote:
Happened to me too in both file backup and computer backup. I supposed
MS will address in the future. For now, go to the system settings and
uncheck the drives so they no longer create shadow copies (restore
function in Vista). Apply the new settings to erase all existing shadow
copies. Then reset by checking the boxes you unchecked. Now try to
backup the whole computer again. It appears a shadow copy error is
conflicting with the backup process. Once you delete all shadow copies
(restore points) it will work.

I'm running Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
4 gig RAM
RAID 0
Vista Ultimate

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

i have tried this with no preval. iam runiing vista ult with a 150 gig
raptor 4 gigs corc air ram and im tringin to back up to a wd usb 1
terbite. nothing. it gets to the end of the first step and gives me
the the error. any more fixes since the last post here?

--
uhaulkid
uhaulkid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40268

http://forums.techarena.in