Old November 27th 06, 07:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ChrisKK

Default HP nw8000 video driver troubles

Hello all,

I installed Vista Ultimate RTM on my HP nw8000 yesterday. Finally got the
login screen after a couple of reboots.

After login, Vista correctly recognized my graphic chipset as an "ATI
Mobility FireGL T2" and installed a Microsoft supplied WDDM driver, asking to
reboot. After reboot, the green progress bar was show, after that the screen
went blank.

Had to power off manually after waiting a couple of minutes and reboot
"last known good".

I also tried the latest ATI Mobility Vista drivers and the latest Omega
driver, same result for all of them.

The only driver which sort of works is the nw8000 XP driver, however this
does not support Aero and is not stable, for example the Winows Performance
Update crashes the system when this driver is installed.

Any good ideas? Is anyone running Vista with a nw8000 successfully?

Thanks
Chris