WMP11, Sansa E280, Itunes Store

Old June 10th 07, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
susanocp

Default WMP11, Sansa E280, Itunes Store

Hello folks,
My question is can I use Itunes to buy music and then get WMP11 to recognize
it! Once I can get the music in WMP11 I can load it on my Sansa and enjoy it.
I like the WMP11 interface and I don't plan on using itunes for an interface
with my sansa. I tried rhapsody but had lots of problems. So I just want a
place to buy music. It seems like itunes has the best selection. Oh and I'm
using windows vista and the latest version of itunes
thanks
susan
Old June 10th 07, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
cpttuthmos

The iTunes store works only with iTunes. iTunes works only with iPods. Unless
everything has an "i" in front of it, it won't work together. Anything you
purchase off of the iTunes store is protected and in a special format that
will only work in iTunes. If you want to put your iTunes music onto your
Sansa you have to burn a CD in iTunes and then rip it using WMP. It's better
just to sign up for any other service out there. If you don't like Rhapsody,
I suggest Napster (but it requires it's own engine), URGE, or MSN Music (if
you are just purchasing individual songs and not signing up for a
subscription). Good luck, I hope this helped.

Old June 16th 07, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Ron K.

I am using the Sansa 250e with Rhapsody, which IMO is just as good as
I-Tunes. What are the problems you're having with Rhapsody and have you
checked for program updates or for player firmware? On my Sansa you can
simply drag and drop my music files on the 250e using Rhapsody mode or
PlaysForSure mode, not sure if this is the case for for the 280.

If you REALLY want I-Tunes there is a work around to the I-Tunes DRM scheme.
Download and pay for the music then rip it to a cd then simply rip from cd to
MP3 or WMA format. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but its the best I
can do for now.

Old July 5th 07, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Laird Eisler

Since I got a new computer with Vista I am unable to get songs to play
downloaded from the MSN Sympatico music store. Any suggestions? Napster
works but I prefer MSN Sympatico.

Old July 5th 07, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Ron K.

I've not used MSH Sympatico but many of these services will only allow you
play purchased music on the computer they were purchased on. I would suggest
you contact MSN and see if this is the case or not, also check to see if
there is a Vista compatiable version of the software you're using.