No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium

Old June 11th 07, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Heinrich

Default No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium

What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system.
I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has
no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan
Old June 11th 07, 06:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
housetrained

"Heinrich" wrote in message
What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
system.
I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to
send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
has
no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...i nt_fax_scan

They probably expect you to use Microsoft Office which has all the business
doodahs. How many kids using their new computers would send a fax? Maybe 1
in 10,000?

--
John the West Ham fan

Old June 11th 07, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

yeah, but "Office" implies work...
"Home" implies, well, non-office.

"housetrained" wrote in message
"Heinrich" wrote in message
What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan
capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating
system.
I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the
security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want
send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows
has
no such capability. Come on Microsoft, a newer version of the operating
system should be better that the older version and Vista Home Premium is
proving to be dumber than XP. Correct this issue soonest.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then

Old June 11th 07, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Microsoft Office has never included fax software.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 11th 07, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ron

John the West Ham fan: I have the new Office 2007 and now upgraded (or is
that downgraded!) to Vista from XP and I cannot fax from the computer either.
This IS "dumb." Is there a fix, Microsoft???? If not, why would you take
that option away in the "new and improved" OS? You should have warned
people first of the take-aways before having us shell out the $$$. Please
fix and email us all. Thanks.

Ron

Old June 12th 07, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
GeorgiGirl

Yes Highly outragous!!!

I wish I hadn't bothered upgrading so soon!

Come on Microsoft - What does Premium mean in your language? pay money and
you give us less and less!!!

Free download for Microsoft fax please!!!

You've ALWAYS included it before - I have been using windows since 95 and
now you take away such a simple program?! So unfair!

Old June 16th 07, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
AT

I did not know they just took it out .I was looking for it could not find it
in Home primium .What a shame.

Old November 12th 08, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
LizardinDC

I hope the Mac guy pays the pc guy the $10 million for the bite of cupcake
soon! Maybe then Microsoft will bring Vista up to snuff. I bought my new
laptop and a new desktop this past spring and have had nothing but problems.
Should have forked out the extra bucks and went with an Apple. Vista is the
worst OS since DOS 4 (uh) 0!

Old December 30th 08, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Charlie W

I was a discourcaged as the rest of us when I discovered that my new HP media
machine with Vista Home Premium didn't include Fax capability. I also have
MS Office 2007 Ultimate installed, but can't find any Fax capabilities there
either!

So, I just did a web search for freeware fax programs. I discovered a thing
called StupidFax developed by a guy named Dan Llewellyn, who apparently, is
the President of LDP LLC (http://www.maxmax.com). The app is pretty old,
because the documentation says it was written for Windows 95, 98, 2000 and
NT. But, I installed it on my Vista system, and it receives multi-page faxes
just fine. I haven't had occasion to send a fax yet.

I downloaded my copy from:

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads...re-for-pc.html

which lists the program as Freeware, though the included read-me requests a
$15 donation if you want to register the thing.

Best of luck until (if) Microsoft replaces the capability.

--
cw