No Tv tuner configurated

Old June 15th 07, 11:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Mac

Default No Tv tuner configurated

MOBO is geek speak for Motherboard - the backbone of your PC. To enter BIOS
at startup look here...

"Carmen" wrote in message
JW,

I lost you a bit in your answer. can you tell me what a MOBO is and how i
check the bios of it?
I did install the hauppage vista drivers already as Cal Bear suggested.

thnx
Carmen

"JW" wrote:

Have you checked to be sure you have latest BIOS for your MOBO?
Since you have a MOBO installed tuner check for Vista drivers for it with
your MOBO manufacturer. The standard Hauppauge drivers may not work with
properly as you have found.
"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi guys, thnx for helping me out.

unfortunately, so far no results.
so far i tried to install the new drivers- no result and found out this
post;

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...2-b691fcd627bb

I did what it said but also that has no effect.
Since then i found out that what my computer is doing is that it
reinstalls
the hardware drivers from my tv tuner every time i reboot.
When starting up i get the rightdownside message that vista found new
hardware and is installing accordingly (i cant interfere or cancel that
with
via a menu)

So it seems that due to the reinstallment of my tvtuner my previous
setup
is
lost time and time again wich seems fairly reasonable to me.

So i guess the question then is how can i stop that reinstall process?
(by
the way my tv tuner is on the inbuild motherboard and so its no outside
usb
item or so)

About my english, I am Dutch and have no intentions on imitating bushy
things

Carmen

"Mac" wrote:

Also don't say/type "configurated" - or you'll sound like George W.
Bush
;-)
It's "configured".

You might like to use the free AMCAP mini-app to try to lock the tuner
outside of WMC too.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...UNA:en&q=AMCAP

Good luck and let us know if any of this helped to solve your
problem...

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
From searching both Hauppauge sites for 26xx, it seems that this is
the
PVR 150.

I would go for the UK site download, the US site offers much older
drivers.

P.SO.: Follow the very well written and illustrated driver install
instruction to the letter.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Carmen" wrote in message
well yes i am sure, what i wrote down is exactly what my system
setup
tells
me when i check under system hardware.

that also gives me a new question as i dont see that exact name on
the
hauppage homepage (thnx for posting that bear)

Carmen

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Are you sure about the model no. of the Hauppauge card?

You can find the latest drivers for Hauppauge cards on this UK
site
(I
live in
the US, but these UK drivers work very well):

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/Promotions/vista.html

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi, thnx for replying so soon alrdy, anyway some more info;
My tvcard is a hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II (26xx)
The problem i described occurs under Windows Vista.
With WindowsXP Media center everything works as it should work.

thnx again
Carmen

"Mac" wrote:

Make/model of tuner?

"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi there,

i have a very anoying tv tuner problem. After rebooting my
computer
Media
center tells me that no tv tuner is configurated.
So every time again i reconfigure the tuner and my tv runs
normal
and
great...but as soon as i reboot, i have to reconfigure it
again.

Can anyone tell me what i should do to avoid this problem?

thnx

Old June 15th 07, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JW

MOBO is your Motherboard you normally see the version of the BIOS firmware
installed on it during the Boot sequence. You can check at the Motherboard
manufacturers web site for the latest version of the BIOS and the download
required to update it.

"Mac" wrote:

Also don't say/type "configurated" - or you'll sound like George W.
Bush
;-)
It's "configured".

You might like to use the free AMCAP mini-app to try to lock the tuner
outside of WMC too.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...UNA:en&q=AMCAP

Good luck and let us know if any of this helped to solve your
problem...

From searching both Hauppauge sites for 26xx, it seems that this is

"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi, thnx for replying so soon alrdy, anyway some more info;
My tvcard is a hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II (26xx)
The problem i described occurs under Windows Vista.
With WindowsXP Media center everything works as it should work.

thnx again
Carmen

"Mac" wrote:

Make/model of tuner?

Old June 15th 07, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Cal Bear '66

Is this a new computer? Who is the manufacturer? Go to the computer
manufacturer's web site, look for the exact model number of your computer and
see if they have motherboard (or mainboard) drivers and/or a BIOS update for
your specific computer. IMPORTANT: If they do have Vista drivers (especially
BIOS), read and follow the instructions EXACTLY.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Mac" wrote:

Also don't say/type "configurated" - or you'll sound like George W. Bush
;-)
It's "configured".

You might like to use the free AMCAP mini-app to try to lock the tuner
outside of WMC too.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...UNA:en&q=AMCAP

Good luck and let us know if any of this helped to solve your problem...

From searching both Hauppauge sites for 26xx, it seems that this is

"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi, thnx for replying so soon alrdy, anyway some more info;
My tvcard is a hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II (26xx)
The problem i described occurs under Windows Vista.
With WindowsXP Media center everything works as it should work.

thnx again
Carmen

"Mac" wrote:

Make/model of tuner?

Old June 15th 07, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Mac

Sorry - forgot to paste this link re BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

"Mac" wrote:

Also don't say/type "configurated" - or you'll sound like George W.
Bush
;-)
It's "configured".

You might like to use the free AMCAP mini-app to try to lock the
tuner
outside of WMC too.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...UNA:en&q=AMCAP

Good luck and let us know if any of this helped to solve your
problem...

From searching both Hauppauge sites for 26xx, it seems that this

"Carmen" wrote in message
Hi, thnx for replying so soon alrdy, anyway some more info;
My tvcard is a hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II (26xx)
The problem i described occurs under Windows Vista.
With WindowsXP Media center everything works as it should work.

thnx again
Carmen

"Mac" wrote:

Make/model of tuner?