Old February 4th 08, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Xplorer

Default Recognising Camcorder

Hi BigJim, I didn't think much of your advice but a couple of days later I
have to give up and agree with you. XP Pro performance is my choice.most of
the apps stripped out. What do you think? I want the machine mostly for HDV
editing

"BigJim" wrote in message
my guess is a missing driver and if Sony doesn't have a driver for the
camera your dead in the water.
"Xplorer" postreply@hereplease wrote in message
I have a Sony HDV FX7 camcorder that acknowledges the conection by
firewire to my laptop running Vista Ultimate. My laptop however cannot
'see' the camcorder. I am using Pinacle software but the problem exists
also with Microsoft moviemaker. Help Please