Old November 29th 06, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert James

Default No sound with AC'97 Audio

Hi
Just let windows update the patches, and it will upgrade ur driver also.
I also have ac97 audio and it works fine

Regards

James

"andypb123" wrote in message
Hello,
I have intalled Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on my Gateway laptop but I
can't get any sound.
My CPU is AMD Turion 64 and Motherboard chipset is ATI Radeon Xpress 200M.
The integrated sound controller is ATI SB400 AC'97.
I have installed the latest Realtek AC'97 audio codec Vista driver from
he
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...tDown=false#AC
but I get a "This device cannot start (Code 10) in the Device Manager
Sound
properties.
Has anyone had a similar problem and got it to work?
Thanks a lot.