Old November 29th 06, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MarkusF

Default HP nw8000 video driver troubles

Hi Chris, have the exact same issue and run xp drivers as well.
Currently I believe it is due to the system bios. I use f17 on (you can
see it in msinfo32). On the HP site for the nw8000 drivers I can see in
the revision history of the Bios that f16 introduced a new video Bios
as well.
I tried earlier BIOS versions as well but suspect that reverting to
older system bios does not correctly revert video bios to earlier
versions.
I know of at least one nw8000 with F14 bios that runs the vista rtm
grafic drivers and of two f17 nw8000 which fail...

Please let me know you Bios version :-)

--
MarkusF
MarkusF's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19708