Old February 8th 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Default HP 7960 - Workgroup Printing not sharing

Which drivers did you install on the Vista PC. It's looking for 64 bit
drivers which you need on the Vista PC, not 32 bit ones.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"David B" David wrote in message
Hello! Using HP Photosmart 7960 as shared printer off of XP Pro SP2
machine.
Works great for the other XP machines that share it. Tried to connect
(via
network share) my (new) 64Bit Vista Home Premium box to this printer. Of
course, it asked for the Vista printer drivers, which do exist.

So, the challenge - the drivers won't install on the XP machine, as they
are
Vista drivers and error out (simple message saying wrong OS). Installed
the
drivers on the Vista machine, which should solve the problem...it didn't.
Went thru both HP directories (under x86 programs) looking for the *.inf
files and according to Vista, none of them are correct. I've tried them
all.

Any ideas or help is appreciated! Thanks! David.