Old February 13th 08, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Steve Hall

Default Can not install a HP Photosmart 7550 Printer

I'm having trouble getting my new laptop with Windows Vista on to recognise
my HP Photosmart 7550 printer. The printer works on an XP Desktop, but
Vista is not recognising when the USB cable from the printer is being
plugged in.

I've tried other USB devises in the laptop and these are being automatically
detected and installed, so I don't think it's a laptop hardware problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Steve