Old February 18th 08, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Default The column bar under "My pictures" folder has disappeared!

It's a hiccup in the saved folder views. If you don't mind losing saved
views, you can use the 'Reset Folders' button on the 'View' tab of the
Folder Options dialog.

If you want to be more surgical in your approach, you need to edit the
registry. You first need to find out which numbered subkey of:

[HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

contains the saved view settings for the folder. Two ways I know of -- for
both you should have a shortcut to the folder on your desktop so you can
open & close the folder without browsing thru any others:

1) You can download Process Monitor:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx and set a
filter with the parameters: Path Includes Bags, then open & close the folder
in question and see which bag # was accessed.

2) Export the Bags keys to save your view settings, then delete it. Log off
& back on & then open & close the folder, then check via regedit to see
which Numbered key was recreated. Make a note of the number & then import
the keys you saved during the Export.

Once you have the bag number, navigate to:

[HKCU\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\92\ Shell\{B3690E58-E961-423B-B687-386EBFD83239}]

Look for the value named 'FFlags' in the right-hand pane. Open calculator
and use the view options to select 'Scientific' mode, the select 'Hex' as
the base. Enter the FFlags value, then AND it with the value FCFFFFFF.
Then edit FFlags to reflect the new value.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"Rileore" wrote in message
Hi!

The column bar under "My pictures" folder has disappeared in Windows Vista
64bits! Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!