Old December 1st 06, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Harvdog46

Default Soundblaster Augdigy drivers won't load and the PC slows to a craw

I had a soundblaster audigy SE card that worked with Vista Beta 2, however
when I upgraded to RC1 the sound card wouldn't work due to driver
incompatibility. I took a Soundblaster Audigy (not an SE) out of my other PC
and downloaded drivers from Creative. The driver load failed twice, but on
the third try it loaded, except when I rebooted, the drivers didn't load and
the PC slowed from 2.8 GHZ to about a 300 Mhz. When I took the sound card
out, the PC ran fine, except obviously no sound. Are there any drivers that
will work in the 32-bit Vista RC1 with the soundblaster Audigy? Creative's
website doesn't list a specific driver for the Audigy, however the driver for
an Audigy 2 is supposed to work with the Augidy.