Old February 21st 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
isthis

Default :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu

I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E M O
V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-(

I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single
file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a customer
by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many
useless ones) just because Google complains.

Microsoft, shame on you for NOT focusing on delivering a good product to
your customers, but continuing with silly stuff like RED or Version N or 8
different kinds of Vista SKU's.

One suggestion would be to make the next version of Windows configurable: on
installation one can select all ones features - the customer gets far closer
to the kind of windows he wants and competitors and antitrust-politicians get
their way too. (sort of). This would also help Microsoft figure out where to
invest development-resources.

but until then, i'll just sit here, being bitter over having lost my beloved
instant search. :-(