Old February 21st 08, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Steve[_34_]

Default :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu

Go to the link below and find out how to get Search back where it was before
SP1

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...arch-back.aspx

"Martin Racette" wrote in message
But that's the most usefull feature in Vista, with that search (on the
right side) I can find whatever I need to find on my computer, so why are
they removing it that make no sense if they put it there in the first
place

When I was with XP, I tried Google search and it was useless, it could not
even find a single file, and the search feature in Vista find exactly what
I'm looking for

"Dave" wrote in message

"isthis" wrote in message
I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E
M O
V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-(

I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single
file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a
customer
by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many
useless ones) just because Google complains.

Microsoft, shame on you for NOT focusing on delivering a good product to
your customers, but continuing with silly stuff like RED or Version N or
8
different kinds of Vista SKU's.

One suggestion would be to make the next version of Windows
configurable: on
installation one can select all ones features - the customer gets far
closer
to the kind of windows he wants and competitors and
antitrust-politicians get
their way too. (sort of). This would also help Microsoft figure out
where to
invest development-resources.

but until then, i'll just sit here, being bitter over having lost my
beloved
instant search. :-(

SP1 does not remove the "Start Search" from the start menu. It only
removes the "search" from the right pane of the start menu.

Here is the link if you want to know more.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941946

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance