Old February 23rd 08, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris Knowles

Default rundll32.exe error trying to connect a yamaha keyboard

"Cool Kat 107" wrote:

"Chris Knowles" wrote in message
I am trying to connect my Yamaha keyboard to my Sony Vaio laptop running
Vista Home Premium. When I plug the usb cable in I immediately get the
same
dialogue box three times headed: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe with the
message "This file does not have a program associated with it for
performing
this action. Create an association in the Set Association Control Panel"
The normal new hardware dialogue doesn't start, and it consequently
doesn't
look for the driver software. Do you have any ideas as to the cause of
the
problem?

Did you install the Yamaha drivers before attempting to connect to the USB
port?

No, as the instructions said I plugged the keyboard in first and got the error messages. Would it make a difference? Thanks.