Old February 24th 08, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie42[_2_]

Default Microsoft Comfort keyboard problem

Hi,

I have got a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000v.1.0 keyboard that causes a
peculiar problem. The keyboard is connected to an Acer Aspire 5102 by USB.
The box says 'Works with Vista'.

Funnily enough, the problem occurs when I unplug it (there is no Safe
Ejection option): The right side of the laptop's own keyboard then goes
haywire, displaying 1 for j's, 3 for l's, minus for p's and so on. All keys
from 8-u-j-m to (but not including) Enter display the wrong sign. The error
is permanent, plugging the USB keyboard back in does not solve the problem.

I have checked the hardware drivers, they seem OK and Control Panel reports
the keyboard status as working. Clearly it is not. The only remedy seems to
be System Restore. Needless to say this is something I do not intend to
spend time on every time I have used the USB keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Charlie42