Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Windows Search fails to create catalog (http://www.vistabanter.com/5531-re-windows-search-fails-create-catalog.html)

Crafton September 11th 06 03:30 AM

Windows Search fails to create catalog

I have this very same problem in build 5600, have you found a solution yet?

"Anthony Brien" wrote:

I have been trying to enable the indexing since installing a fresh copy of
build 5536. When I tell Explorer to turn on Indexing and give my credentials
nothing happen. If I open the Indexing Options dialog, everything is grayed
out and it says that "Indexing is not running". I tried to manually start
the Windows Search service, and I get this error:

===
Windows could not start the Windows Search on Local Computer. For more
information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft
service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error
code -2147218141.
===

So I checked the application log and have tons of errors and warnings about
it:

===
The Windows Search Service has failed to created the new system catalog.
Internal error 1,0x80070002.
===

Anyone has an idea how I can delete the old index or fix this, to be able to
start indexing?

Anthony