Old March 1st 08, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Paul

Default Lost Encryption key

I reinstalled Vista and wiped my encryption key......yeah I know, a complete
idiot.
A few questions. First, I did have an image backup that I'm not using but
kept as security. It's on the backup but I have no idea where it might be
or what to ever search for. Where is it normally save.......my documents?
Second, if I can't get it from my image backup, is there any way to override
it? What I have is encrypted are some passwords for a few bank accounts.
Most I remember but some that I never use I may need in the future.
This has taught me a serious lesson!