Old March 3rd 08, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Deleting Vista Search Folders

Hi, pvc.

That's because the Search Folders don't actually exist. They are only
"virtual folders". In Help and Support's search window, type "search
folder" (with the quotes) for more information. Check out item 3.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"pvc" wrote in message
news

I am hoping to find an automated method for deleting the Vista Search
Folders. I tried command line scripts to remove the folder (RMDIR or
DELTREE), but I'm not having any luck with the search folders. I am
able to delete other folders with a script (like this one): Del
C:\Myfolder\*.*.* RMDir C:\Myfolder But I cannot delete a Vista Search
Folders like this folder; C:\Users\myname\Searches\Everywhere I can
delete them manually, but not with a script. Any suggestions?

--
pvc