Old March 3rd 08, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Default Deleting Vista Search Folders

"pvc" wrote in message
news

Keith Miller \(MVP\);633510 Wrote:

del *.search-ms (most of the searches)
del /ahr *.search-ms ('Everywhere' and 'Indexed Locations')

That works great! Thanks Keith.

I am deleting these for privacy purposes and not to reclaim disk space.

My (Everywhere) search still works with these folders deleted. I use
the slow search (which is fine for my purposes) because I also changed
my indexing properties (for privacy purposes) to index nothing (no disk,
no folders). Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome. Just curious: Hi-level technology secrets or salacious chat
logs/e-mail? ;-)

--
Good Luck,

Keith