Old March 4th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
pvc[_6_]

Default Deleting Vista Search Folders

Keith Miller \(MVP\);633731 Wrote:
You're welcome. Just curious: Hi-level technology secrets or salacious
chat
logs/e-mail? ;-)
--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

Hi Keith;
No, nothing top secret, lol. I have always disagreed with the way ms
likes to squirrel away my files into a very-very-very long chain of
folder names.

I have always disagreed with the way ms reveals personal information
(for those savvy enough to know where to look) about what I have been
doing for the last decade.

When I build a new system I always make these type of changes in order
to make it my Personal Computer. I know the location of each and every
one of my files. Therefore I don't need a lightning-fast search to tell
me where my files are.

I especially don't need a search to tell me where to find windows
tools/features because if I rely on search for this then I will forget
how to find my tools myself.

My automated cleanup script is working well, thanks to your help.
Perhaps you can help me with automating the task of deleting the
contents of this folder (C:\Users\myname\Recent). I can deleted the
contents manually, but I am having trouble finding an automated
solution.
Dan

Antec P182 || GA-P35C-DS3R || QX9650 3.0GHz /w Thermalright Ultra-120
eXtreme w/Scythe KAMA PWM Fan || 2x2GB Mushkin 4-4-4-12 DDR2-800 || ECS
8800GT w/ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S1 + Turbo Fans || WD180GB + WD500GB
Sata 3.0Gb/s || SeaSonic M12 SS-500HM psu || Vista 64-Bit Home Premium

--
pvc