Old March 10th 08, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chad (webmaster)

Default Can not install Canon MP210

On Feb 2, 4:34*pm, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
wrote: Go into Device Manager, uninstall the USB Controllers and
reboot the PC. Vista should reinstall the USB ports automatically.
You shouldn't use Add New Hardware for a printer, you should use the
Canon software packages. *They work fine. *I have the following Canon
printers all installed on Vista PCs.... i950, ip4200, ip4300, ip6600
and ip6700. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imagingwww.coribright.com/
windows "jwskms" wrote in message
... I just puchased

a new Gateway computer and printer package. *The Gateway is a
FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. *The OS is Vista Home
Premium. I followed the installation instructions to the letter,
but the printer software never recognizes the printer and as a
result does not complete the installation. I have rebooted as
directed, but the problem persists. Here is the history:
Prior to installing this new Canon MP210 printer I already had a
Canon IP4200. *This printer also had problems installing, but I was
able to manually configure the printer by going to "Add New
Hardware" in the Control Panel, select printers and then select the
Canon ip4200 in the list. *I configured it for port USB2* that was
on the screen. For whatever reason, each time I restarted the
computer the "New Hardware" dialog box came up and for many days I
would just close and go on. *I did not have any printing problems
and things seems to work OK. This morning I select "Don't ask me
again" on the "New Hardware" dialog and could not print any
longer. So I uninstalled the Canon ip4200 and started over, but
this time the USB2* port was not available in the list of ports for
the printer in the manual Add Hardware dialog boxes. At this
point, I was tired of fooling with the Canon ip4200 and since I had
new Canon MP210, I decided to install it and move on... So now
you know the full story... I follow the instructions precisely and
the drivers will not install. *I look in the Add Hardware
configuration dialog box and the USB port does not show up. I am
guessing that by telling the "New Hardware" box to quit prompting
me about the ip4200, it has disabled the USB ports or something.
Can anyone help? Thanks, Jeff -- jwskms- Hide quoted
text - - Show quoted text -Hi, I had the same problem. Download
this pastch and it should work just fine.http://www.microsoft.com/
downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=51F0EF25-280B-4613-A600-
C61224BACD1C&displaylang=en

cheers