Old March 16th 08, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Default "Documents" folder hidden

Open the registry editor by typing 'regedit' in the Start Search box.

Navigate to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]

In the right pane, edit the path found for 'Personal' so that it points to
your new Documents folder.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"Bob L." wrote in message
I moved “Documents” and “Downloads” to another partition using Location|
Move, etc. Before doing these 2 moves, I created 2 new folders on the new
partition named “Documents” and “Downloads”. My problem is that after the
moves (I said Yes to move all files) the Documents folder on the new
partition disappeared, i.e. it became a hidden system file while the
“Downloads” folder changed on the new partition to a green folder with all
the files in it. If I then do a file open in Word 2003, the “My Places”
pane on the left pane of the dialog box no longer includes a green
documents
folder. Instead, it has a manila folder named “My Documents”. If I
select
it and then “Add it” to “my places” a correct Green documents folder shows
up, however, I cannot then remove the manila “My documents” folder.

Can someone help me get the “documents” folder working properly? I have
tried restoring defaults and doing it again but with no luck.