Old March 17th 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default Could not load or run '""' specified in registry

Hi Geoff,

A dead registry entry. Run regedit from the start/search line, expand the
keys to reach these branches (one at a time):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

Click on the "run" key, then look in the right pane for an entry that loads
"" and delete it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"geoff8282" wrote in message
On start up my laptop dispaly the desktop error message:
Could not load or run '""' specified in the registry. Make sure the file
exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.
This makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone help please?
--
Geoff