Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   Need help moving ,dbx Outlook express messages to Outlook 2007 (http://www.vistabanter.com/57639-need-help-moving-dbx-outlook-express-messages-outlook-2007-a.html)

Robert July 8th 07 01:30 AM

Need help moving ,dbx Outlook express messages to Outlook 2007

I need help moving ,dbx Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2007.

I backed my old email Outlook Express .dbx files to a USB drive. How do I
import my mail messages and sent files into Outlook 2007? When I try to
use the Outlook 2007 Import wizard, chose other files and then chose Outlook
Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and internet mail--- and then browse to the folder
they are in I get an error message that there are no internet email
messages.

Thanks

Robert

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM July 8th 07 01:41 AM

"Robert" wrote in message
I need help moving ,dbx Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2007.

I backed my old email Outlook Express .dbx files to a USB drive. How do I
import my mail messages and sent files into Outlook 2007? When I try to
use the Outlook 2007 Import wizard, chose other files and then chose
Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and internet mail--- and then browse to
the folder they are in I get an error message that there are no internet
email messages.

Thanks

Robert

I haven't tried this since I don't have Outlook, but it should work.

Make a new folder on your desktop called OEMail.
Copy all of the DBX files into it (including Folders.dbx).
Make sure they are not Read Only by right clicking their Properties.
Use Outlook's Import function.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Stroud February 17th 09 05:26 PM

Need help moving ,dbx Outlook express messages to Outlook 2007

In this case, you would transfer your OE data into Windows Mail, then
export
it from Windows Mail into Outlook 2007. See here for further details -
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1125134.htm

--
Stroud
Stroud's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/stroud.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

allensolly12[_2_] October 28th 09 10:09 AM

Need help moving ,dbx Outlook express messages to Outlook 2007

I would suggest you to use 'DBX to Outlook'
(http://www.dbxtopstconverter.com/dbx-to-outlook.html) program to move &
'import DBX to Outlook'
(http://www.dbxtopstconverter.com/dbx-to-outlook.html) or to 'import
Outlook Express into Outlook'
(http://www.dbxtopstconverter.com/dbx-to-outlook.html).

You can try the program from the following link:

'DBX to Outlook Conversion | Import DBX to Outlook in easy steps !'
(http://www.dbxtopstconverter.com/dbx-to-outlook.html)

Best Regards,
Allen Solly

--
allensolly12

[email protected] April 8th 16 01:33 PM

Need help moving ,dbx Outlook express messages to Outlook 2007

Export Outlook Express to PST file with advanced DBX file converter software. This is the best application works with excellence to export DBX file to PST, EML,MBOX, MSG, RTF formats.

Read More
http://www.esofttools.com/dbx-converter.html