Old March 23rd 08, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Virginia

Default CD/DVD

Hi all,

My CD/DVD player/writer stopped working. Its on Windows Vista (as brought
already installed with the notebook) and it worked for a couple of months.

The notebook can't find the driver software when its started - its looking
for:-HL)DT-WT @VDREM GSA)T20J ATA Device. I wrote to HP (as its a Compaq
V6412TU notebook) and I've reset the bios and removed upper and lower filters
from the registery, but no change. The HP website says that if the drivers
aren't listed under the Vista part for the model then use the microsoft
default ones.

Not really a clue what I'm doing or where to look...

All help greatly appreciated:-)