Old March 24th 08, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dumplin

Default CD/DVD drives not working

Hi Bob thanks for the reply Ive already tried the manufactures web site and
the update is a flash firm ware which fails when I try to install it as for
the OEM I'm an unfortunate customer of Evesham Technology who went bust in
January and the new owners will not honour existing warranties so I dont have
an OEM to talk to,
--
dumplin

"Bob" wrote:

Go to your OEM's or DVD manufacturer's website and get the latest driver.

-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

"dumplin" wrote in message
news
since upgrading to Vista Home Premium I am no longer able to write to
either
of my SONY DVD RW AW_G170A CD/DVD Drives, trying to save a file tells me
Incorrect function followed by, you do not have access to the folder'D:\'.
or 'E:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder, or with other
applications Im told the disc is not formatted, as I am the only
administrator and the CD\DVD's I use are already formatted does any one
have
any ideas to solve my problem please.
--
dumplin