Old March 25th 08, 05:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

Default 4Gb RAM, 32bit Vista

It is pretty much wasted. It is a limitation of the 32 bit operating
systems. It can only address 4 GB of memory. This includes the BIOS, I/O,
video memory, etc. So, you have ~3.2 GB of RAM left in that address space.
In order to fully use the 4 GB of RAM, you'd need to upgrade to a 64 bit OS.

--

Dustin Harper

"LL" wrote in message
After installing SP1 on Vista, the system properties report that I have
4Gb
RAM installed, which is true.
However it seems that from the Task Manager, it only can handle up to 3 Gb
RAM. So is the other 1Gb wasted? Or is it actually in use for other
invisible
purposes?