Old March 26th 08, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pierre Martin[_2_]

Default DVD Problem XP to Vista Premium upgrade

LG GSA H62N DVDRW used to upgrade from XPHome SP2 to Vista Premium. During
upgrade everything stopped until I removed Vista DVD and rebooted, then
upgrade completed. Everything worked fine with XP and now everything works
fine except the DVDRW. After 2 sessions with MS support it still doesn't
work. Device Mgr shows no drivers installed, but everything else is fine with
no conflicts. Got a driver installed at one point and DM showed all OK but
drive wouldn't work. At that point only driver shown was CDROM.sys. Thing I
find curious is that it was a Longhorn_rtm driver and not a vista_rtm driver.
There are 2 cdrom.inf and cdrom.sys versions in the filerepository.
After 1st support session was told it was the drive but I put it in my XP
machine and it works fine.
I can read the vista dvd remotely from my XP machine over my network but
can't boot from it on the vista machine.
Can anyone advise what drivers(with details) should be loaded and how I can
load them?