Old March 29th 08, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Benzmum

Default Problem with latest update

I installed the update for Defender KB915597 (Definition 1.29.8167.0) on the
28th, and this morning my computer isn't starting properly: it's hanging just
before it starts to install my startup items, and I need to use the power
button to turn it off. I'm using Vista on a notebook, and I have read that if
my computer begins to behave oddly that I should look at the last thing I
installed. But I see that one can't uninstall this Defender update. I did
finally unplugged the DC power cord and started it on battery and it started
fine. Does this make sense to anyone, and has anyone else had problems with
this latest update?