Old December 11th 06, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jon Davis

Default "Advanced" security button disabled

In my Inetpub\wwwroot directory's subdirectories, I am trying to lock a web
app so that I must use Windows Authentication and log in as myself to access
a locally hosted web site. For some strange reason, I cannot enter the
Advanced security settings so that I can disable inherited security and
remove the permissions granted to everyone. Is there some reason why the
Advanced button is disabled??

This symptom is on two machines, one running XP Pro SP2 and one running
Vista Ultimate RTM.

Jon