Old April 1st 08, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

Default Windows Mail - Can receive but can not send email

"Pete V" Pete wrote in message
Hi Somethin'fishy,

i'm having a similar problem, receive all mails but when i reply to them
nobody is receiving them. I feel helpless and extremely frustrated by
this
incompetence.

Please could you tell me how you got to your "STMP" port to change the
default setting? I gotta try something !!!!

Many thanks,

"somethin'fishy" wrote:

Figured it out. The stmp port changed from the default (25) to a new
number-587. Changed the port number and it works...

Easy. I feel pretty stupid!

s'f

--
somethin'fishy

If your account is also on Comcast, see he

http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=EmailOutlook18914&cookieattempt=1