Old April 2nd 08, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alan[_6_]

Default Sidewinder and Intellipoint software.

Hi,
hope someone has an idea of what the problem is here.
I recently purchased a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse,
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ga...s.aspx?pid=100
The issue I have is in that when using the generic OS drivers the mouse
behaves itself but I lose the functionality of the extra buttons. If I load
the intellipoint software from the provided CD OR install the latest drivers
from M/S website it starts to really misbehave. What happens is that it will
act like I am pressing the two main buttons, this is quite random and it may
be just the left button activating or the right and occasionally a mixture
of both, if I go into taskmanager and end the intellipoint process the mouse
reverts back to its normal good behavior. This has happened on two machines
I have, both running Vista and one with a clean install and SP1 installed.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.