File title author info in Windows Explorer

Old July 15th 07, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
[email protected]

Default File title author info in Windows Explorer

Many thanks to Richard Urban and dean-dean for your solution to my
problem. However, I must have missed something obvious: the solution
does not seem working for me. Since I got a new machine, the Adobe
Reader is version 8.1.0. But the title and author column are still
empty in Windows Explorer for a PDF file with title and author
information provided. If I right click the PDF file name and go to
Properties - Details, it only shows Name, Type, Folder path, Size,
Date created, Date modified, Attributes, Owner, and Computer, and
there is no place to expand this list. I uninstalled Adobe Reader,
downloaded the latest version from the link provided in dean-dean's
message, and installed it on the machine. I even tried Help - Check
for Updates... in Adobe Reader to make sure I got the latest version.
But the new installation has no effect at all and I still got the same
result. Any hints?

Paul.

Old August 9th 07, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
huan

Paul,
I have exactly the same question as you. I don't have the solution yet, but
I noticed something:
The data we put in "Title", "Authors" are still there, it's just that Vista
doesn't show them when you open up an explorer to browse the folder Now if
you "Search" that folder by Title or Author etc they will eventually appear.
(remember to change the view to Detailed List"

All my pdf files are organized by the Title and Author properties(or
metadata?) too. I hate the "search" concept. I know exactly where I put my
PDF files and don't need to search! I just want to be able to browse the
folder with the Title and Author properties displayed properly.
Help!
" wrote:

Many thanks to Richard Urban and dean-dean for your solution to my
problem. However, I must have missed something obvious: the solution
does not seem working for me. Since I got a new machine, the Adobe
Reader is version 8.1.0. But the title and author column are still
empty in Windows Explorer for a PDF file with title and author
information provided. If I right click the PDF file name and go to
Properties - Details, it only shows Name, Type, Folder path, Size,
Date created, Date modified, Attributes, Owner, and Computer, and

Old August 9th 07, 06:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chad Harris

For whatever reason, and I tried to download all messages, I can't see all
of this thread. I didn't get to read Dean Dean or Richard's solution to
your problem or the OP. I've noticed with explorer folders in Vista that
to get access to all the choices of "headings," and there are over 100, that
you can select the categories by either

1) Selecting View on the toolbar (not "Views") (make sure you've selected
layoutmenu bar first)sort by/group by/stack by/or choose detailsMore and
then you can select title and authors.

2) You can right click any heading you've chosenselect title/authors on the
right click context menu.

I must be missing what you're trying to do because this seems too simple.

The are shown every time I open up a folder once selected.

CH

" wrote:

Many thanks to Richard Urban and dean-dean for your solution to my
problem. However, I must have missed something obvious: the solution
does not seem working for me. Since I got a new machine, the Adobe
Reader is version 8.1.0. But the title and author column are still
empty in Windows Explorer for a PDF file with title and author
information provided. If I right click the PDF file name and go to
Properties - Details, it only shows Name, Type, Folder path, Size,
Date created, Date modified, Attributes, Owner, and Computer, and

Old August 15th 07, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
huan

Chad,

Your way will show the Title, Author, Subject columns indeed, but they will
be EMPTY!!. For those who don't type in Title authors for their pdf files,
it's obviously not a problem. But for me, the title and authors info, which I
keyed in myself, is very important, not just the file name.

I'm trying to ask Microsoft but it doesn't want to support OEM Vista.