Old April 6th 08, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

Default Reset default location for Documents folder - Vista

See if you can find some help he
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Error+1606

"Mike" wrote in message
Error message is: Error 1606.Could not access network location
\\DELLXPS\My
Documents3\My Pictures\
I am trying to re-install a program (MS Fligth Simulator) which installed
some files into the Documents folder (I believe). I can't the uninstall
the
program because the installer can't find the Documents folder where the
items
were installed?
I moved the Documents folder after I set up file sharing - I maintain a
central Documents folder on another machine and access it from this
machine.
So when file /folder sharing stopped working I can no longer access those
documents in that shared folder on the other computer. And so I can't set
the default folder for Documents back to the orginal location on this
machine
(apparently because that location I set it to is no longer accessible from
this computer.
Regards

"Bob" wrote:

Error message?
How are you trying to access the Documents folder?
How and when did you move the Documents folder?

"Mike" wrote in message
I cannot connect to the PC where I had my Documents folder - so I need
reset the documents folder back to its original location on my PC - but
becuase I can no longer access the current location for the Documents
folder
I can't access that folder in order to change its location - can anyone
help?
i.e. how can I restore the default location for the Documents folder
when
can no longer access that folder?
Thanks