Old April 9th 08, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rufinoman

Default Can't change monitor driver

I have a similar problem.
My inlaws have a new machine with Vista Starter which they got as a
pensioners special deal.
Anyway I{m trying to change the monitor from the pnp basic to what is
actually connected ie an LG Flatron 1752s having downlaoded the drivers
from LG.
When I try to point the system to the .inf and .icm files for the
monitor, they do not show in the directory where I put them.
I have disabled UAC and also enabled show hidden files. None of this
works.
The graphics are Via-S3 on board and shared.
Any tips.
Thanks

--
Rufinoman