Old April 9th 08, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

Default Can't change monitor driver

Uninstall all monitors you see in Device Manager. Reboot and follow the
prompts.
-------
*Report back, please*

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Rufinoman" wrote in message

I have a similar problem.
My inlaws have a new machine with Vista Starter which they got as a
pensioners special deal.
Anyway I{m trying to change the monitor from the pnp basic to what is
actually connected ie an LG Flatron 1752s having downlaoded the drivers
from LG.
When I try to point the system to the .inf and .icm files for the
monitor, they do not show in the directory where I put them.
I have disabled UAC and also enabled show hidden files. None of this
works.
The graphics are Via-S3 on board and shared.
Any tips.
Thanks

Please note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by
Vistaheads - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup. You
will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to
these groups directly, rather than through Vistaheads.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

If you must stay with Vistaheads then please follow Usenet custom by
quoting the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm