Old December 13th 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BobC

Default PCI Simple Communications Controller

Yep;disable itg
"Lee Beck" wrote in message
That makes sense. I no longer have the modem installed so I don't need an
updated driver. I guess I should just ask Vista to stop the nag??

"BobC" wrote:

Probably a modem driver,had the same problem with an Intel536 ep
modem,finally,Windows Update had the drivers.
"Lee Beck" wrote in message
I just installed Vista RC1 and after windows loads I get a message that
it
needs to instal a driver for the subject device. How do I find out
what
it
is looking for? It may be an ethernet cord or a modem, neither of
which
are
being used on this machine. I switched to a wireless network and now
have
DSL. I'm tempted to say "don't ask me again" and just forget about it,
but I
don't want to short-circuit an attempt by Vista to rectify a problem
that
really exists.

Any advice?