shared printers

Old July 19th 07, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WJUT

Default shared printers

I am having a problem connecting to a printer that is pluged into another
computer on my network. I have tried everything that the window's help and
support says and none of it has worked.
Can you help me, please?
Old July 19th 07, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

WJUT,

I don't know whether the following site has anything your haven't already
tried, but take a look:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7b1dc1033.mspx

Post back on results.
--
freddy

Old July 19th 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Which make and model of printer and which operating systems are you using on
each PC?

Give us a clue, you're not providing anywhere near enough info.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old July 19th 07, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

WJUT,

OK, I'll take a shot in the dark. Sometimes resolving USB device
recognition issues like you may have can be resolved by deleting the
INFCACHE.1 file, which can get corrupted with bad data and cause issues. The
file
is located at: C:\Windows\inf. There, scroll down to the INFCACHE.1 file
and right click it and select delete. To do this, you will likely have to
give yourself permission to delete it, because of Windows built-in security.
Just right click the file, select Properties and then click on the security
tab. Let us know whether this pocedure does anything. Sometimes it does and
sometimes not.
--
freddy

"WJUT" wrote:

I have already tried that

Old July 20th 07, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WJUT

could this possibly mess up my computer if I delete this file.
Old July 20th 07, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

WJUT,

Until now, removing that file has caused no issues, but it has resolved
issues.

--
freddy