Old April 16th 08, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
t-4-2[_52_]

Default How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being off

rowanc88;685380 Wrote:
Why shouldn't I choose the last option, t-4-2? Seems like the one I'd
want.

Hello, Your "beef" is with UAC, not the entire security system of your
computer, i.e. windows defender, windows firewall, internet options etc.
You shut off the notifications from the entire system, you will not know
if windows defender and or firewall has been turned off or not.( You are
NOT the only one that can turn them off.)
In short, you are putting out a welcome mat to all viruses etc.
" Security Centre can alert you when your computer might be at risk by
displaying a
notification ----" , that's you will see if you click open the Security
Centre .
Picking the last option, it's your funeral.

--
t-4-2