Old April 21st 08, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Default battery plugged in, not charging

jennifer b wrote:

I am currently using a laptop that is approx one year old - it's a toshiba
tecra A6. It belonged to a friend and I have only received it recently, so
I do not know its history. When I hover above the 'power plan' icon on the
bottom toolbar, it says "0% available, (plugged in, not charging)" and,
accordingly, cannot run the computer on battery power. Is this definitely
a problem with the computer's battery, despite it being only one year old?

It could be a problem with:

1. The laptop's battery
2. The laptop's AC adapter
3. The charger component on the laptop's motherboard

Contact Toshiba tech support for repair/replacement.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers