Old April 24th 08, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default RAM/SLi mismatching?

Depending on your mobo 8GB of ram may not work. Support for that much ram
is shaky on a lot of consumer mobos. Don't try it without a definitive
answer from the manufacturer of your mobo. nVidia chipsets seem prone to
not being able to handle 4 sticks of PC 6400 ram and some users have had to
dial back the dram speed to 667 to get it to work.

You don't say much about your system and I assume that you are using a 64bit
OS.

"BigEasy18" wrote in message

I'm looking into upgrading my ram, and in the future my graphics card.
I have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
right now and am wondering if adding in G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin
DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) will work with no problems.

While on the subject i would like to put my MSI 8800 Ultra in SLi mode
someday soon and since I can't seem to find anyone that sells Ultra's
anymore, will a 8800 GTX O'C work if it's frequency matches my Ultra?

Thanks in advanced and great site.

--
BigEasy18

*'' (http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=345688)'[image: