Old April 26th 08, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
windyvoice

Default Game Cheat Console

"Gretzki" wrote in message
I can't open the game console with "~" for any game. When I was using XP
that
was not a problem. But what happens now? And I don't wanna hear stuff like
"we don't support cheats" bla bla bla... windows vista interferes with the
programming of a game. I'm really annoyed about this. I tried any other
key
but nothing. Is vista missing something?

I have not had that problem in Vista and, frankly, it has nothing to do with
Vista but it has a lot to do with the game itself. Some games require that
you enable the cheat in an ini file, others use something else besides the
"~" such as cntrl, shift, c. What game is it you want to cheat in? You
are rather vague. If a game is not compatible with Vista try running it in
compatibility mode.