Old April 29th 08, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Blade

Default USB issues while playing games

Hi,

I have the same problem when I'm using a browser, IE or Firefox, when I
click on a tab, my mouse act like it's disconnected and, like you, I heared
the disconnect/connect usb sound, sometime just by scrolling on a page the
led of the mouse and keyboard are flashing.

I have the same problem on any port and sometimes even the keyboad stop
working at the same time.

I only have my keyboard and mouse connect on my usb port and it's acting
this way, it only started like 4 days ago.

"Adam Bowers" a écrit dans le message
de ...
I just wanted to let everyone know that the problem was with my media card
reader. I don't know why it is having problems when I play games. I
suspect
it has something to do with the way Vista handles power to USB devices.

"Adam Bowers" wrote:

I'm having issue with my USB devices when playing games (Lord of the
Rings
Online, Team Fortress 2, etc), and only when playing games. I constantly
get
the 'USB device disconnect' sound and then a 'usb device reconnect'
sound.
Occasionally I will get a dialog box saying I should use the device in a
USB
2.0 slot. All of my USB slots are 2.0 and powered. I have tried using
different slots and different devices, but the behavior remains the same.
Here is my hardware. All drivers are up-to-date.

Vista Home Premium w/ SP1 32-bit
ASUS P5E3 Premium@WiFi (X48 Chipset)
eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 512
Seagate 2700.11 (RAID 0)