Vista Banter

-   -   virus scanners (http://www.vistabanter.com/6320-virus-scanners.html)

Jim September 2nd 06 05:07 PM

virus scanners

Does anyone know if AVG virus scanner is compatable with vista, build 5536.
Thanks

Hilmar September 2nd 06 06:47 PM

virus scanners

the pro version is not compatible (it actually caused the OS to reboot upon
install). the free version is working.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

have not found any other that will work so far.

good luck

William September 2nd 06 07:27 PM

virus scanners

The free version is compatible with 5536. I am running it now on 5536 without a problem.

William

John Barnes September 2nd 06 09:23 PM

virus scanners

Are you sure it is actually working. After thinking one was working years
ago, I have taken to keeping a live virus on a floppy, but you can also use
the universal test virus, just to make sure, especially after any error
messages installing it.

Vbritt September 2nd 06 11:51 PM

virus scanners

I am also running the free version on build 5384. You have to download the
latest version of Free AVG. I installed it after being current on all of the
vista updates but I don't know if that is necessary or not.

Jim September 3rd 06 05:37 AM

virus scanners-thanks

Thanks for the replys and info. Think I'll give it a try. Trial version of
F-prot seems to be giving trouble, on my machine anyway. Thanks again

markus September 4th 06 02:34 PM

virus scanners-thanks

Microsoft is showing this Trend Micro version available for vista as a 90 day
free trial
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...istabeta2.mspx