Old May 25th 08, 07:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mikey2OZ

Default svchost 100% CPU and Possible windows update problems

I'm running Windows Server 2008 AD on my laptop that I use an an Instructors server in the classroom. I've left it on for a couple of days, and this morning, all 4GBs of RAM were used and my CPUs were sitting on 100%.  I brought up Process Explorer and checked. Under a scvhost.exe, there were over 600 taskeng.exe jobs scheduled.  I open up the object, and there are two ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart threads.  I tried to get the laptop to reboot, but apparently my RAM crashed into the virtual memory and went BSOD.When I reboot, there are not tasks scheduled.   After a few hours, there are a couple of dozen. Then there is more and more.  It's been about 12 hours since I rebooted, and I have about 130 taskeng.exe jobs pending.Any Ideas?