Old May 26th 08, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
GilBill

Default $$deleteme files

My PC is new with Vista Ultimate, I have a problem like the above one, but i
haven't installed SP1 and in C:\ directory there are 45 $$DeleteMe files all
from November 2, 2006.

How can I delete this?

(the SP1 files removal tool didn't work )

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

Remove all remnants of the Windows Vista SP1 installation files:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/wi...windows/?p=655

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Diver" wrote:

I have recently installed Vista and Service Pack 1 on a new machine and have
been left with numerous $$deleteme files. (54 files / 51MB in c:\ directory
alone)

Can these in fact be deleted?

[I had a couple of unsuccessful Vista updates, and I suspect that these
files were left over from some of those activities.]