Old May 30th 08, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
t-4-2[_98_]

Default Vista SP1 removed the Search shortcut from the Start Panel

renegade;730510 Wrote:
Thank you all for your replies; particularly t-4-2 who gave a reason for
the
change. I really appreciate the help. - renegade

"t-4-2" wrote:

renegade;730290 Wrote:
I sent the foolowing message to Microsoft -
Message: Microsoft removed the Search button from the Start panel
for
Vista
in SP1. This is a great disservice for your users. You may believe
the
alternate approaches are sufficient, but you are SO VERY WRONG when
it
comes
to the average user. I do not care what your reasons or excuse are,
you
are
still WRONG and it was a thoughtless mistake.You should correct
this
change
immediately with a "fix" or whatever is necessary if you really
want to
be of
service to your users.

You do not need to know the reply because it completely missed the
point of
the message.

QUESTION: Does anyone know how I might be able to restore the
function to the Staart Panel? I understand there is a way but I do
not
know
it. I also have been told that there is a piece of software that
will
do the
job.
Hello renegade,
Here is a link to the tutorial, showing you how to restore Search

your start menu. However, there is a trade off. You'll find that

out
from the tutorial.
If you are unwilling to make the trade off, go to the Related

Links
section ot the tutorial, #8 shows you how to put a Search

shortcut on
your desktop. You don't even have to click start button.
Also, in case you don't know, keyboard : press MS logo button + F

will
give you Search on the screen.
Link to tutorial

:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...after-sp1.html

--
t-4-2

You are welcome. Glad to be able to help.

--
t-4-2